About Me

My photo
Sacramento, Cali, United States
38 year old Christian California Girl, wife, mother, photographer, crafter, dreamer, planner, eater, lover, music appreciator.....

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scene's from a Funeral




We flew to Spokane last weekend to attend my Uncle Ron's funeral. As far as funeral's go it was pretty amazing. Memories were shared, tears were shed, lingering hugs were frequent. It felt so good to be reunited with my long distance family. I wasn't totally sure about bringing my camera but I'm so glad I did. It's me, it's what I do. In times like these you want to give something to help ease the pain of loss, but really there isn't anything you can give except your hand to hold. I guess I hoped I could help with the gift photographs.

So I snapped away.











































My cousin asked me ahead of time to "get in position" when they presented the flag to my aunt. It was a moment he wanted captured and I did my best. It was by far the most emotional moment of the service. I've never actually been to a funeral where the trumpet plays Taps. It was so powerful and beautiful.


























I love you my Family. I love you Uncle Ron. Say hi to Jesus for me.

5 comments:

  1. You capture the moments so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless...you captured the moments just beautifully. I think your Uncle was smiling down on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen photos of a funeral done with such an artistic eye and such class. You really captured the emotion....and you made me cry...at work, damn it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a comment you left on shutter sisters which brought me to your site- this is just downright beautiful! This is so tastefully done. I had too many family members pass in the last 9 months- 7 loved ones and one way to help me get over the grief was to photograph the services of a few. My family is so glad I did and now, I am, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to attend my dad's memorial service soon, and it will include a military service. These photos...just beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments too!