About Me

My photo
Sacramento, Cali, United States
38 year old Christian California Girl, wife, mother, photographer, crafter, dreamer, planner, eater, lover, music appreciator.....

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Break day 2

"Patterns"  

Well naturally when a vintage Pyrex collecting junkie hears the word "patterns" she's going to think of Pyrex patterns.  I started collecting about a year ago, partly because I love the bright and fun colors and patterns but mostly because it was something I could dig for at my goodwill and yard sale stops which is my idea of fun.  It's becoming more and more difficult to find these treasures and most thrift shops have caught on that some of these are highly collectible and can go for crazy $ on ebay so even the beat up and faded one's are priced too high.  All of my pieces have come from thrift/estate/yard sales. I get so giddy when I find a piece in good shape that I have wanted for a deal!  I use some, display some, plan on selling some...so I can buy more.  I'm not a hoarder!  I just love the hunt and how pretty they look when on display like this.  

These are a few of my favorites pieces.



1 comment:

  1. What a neat item to collect, Kim, and I just love these patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments too!