About Me

My photo
Sacramento, Cali, United States
38 year old Christian California Girl, wife, mother, photographer, crafter, dreamer, planner, eater, lover, music appreciator.....

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Alcatraz



I've lived here in Northern Cali my whole life and I've never been to Alcatraz. The idea of touring an old prison just never really appealed to me all that much. Anytime I get to SF there is just so much to see and do Alcatraz never made it on the list. My team at work had a "face to face" meaning all the co-workers across the West Coast got together and we were able to plan an outing on the company dime. You know so we can like bond and stuff. Alcatraz fit the bill...and I loved it. Such a cool tour, so much interesting history. You get lost in your own little audio tour world of prison life in the 40's and seeing the evidence of stories you're learning about...really, really cool. Of course getting to capture images and a fabulous view of the city was a total bonus. Some of these scene's of the city are worthy of seeing large so please click and view the image on a bigger scale.













































3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are wonderful! I can't pick a favorite, but I love how you captured the light going diagonally across the vertical bars. Good stuff, bub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shots, lady! Especially the skylines...just gorgeous! One of our prison's (closed) has tours...you might have just sparked something here, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Kimberly!!
    I think this would be a wonderful place to visit.
    Thank you so much for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments too!