About Me

My photo
Sacramento, Cali, United States
38 year old Christian California Girl, wife, mother, photographer, crafter, dreamer, planner, eater, lover, music appreciator.....

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Finally Facebook

I have FINALLY, and I mean FINALLY started a facebook photography page.  The right motivation nudged me out of the procrastination and excuse chair and I put in the work to get it together.  I'm not sure what took me so long.  Part of it was I wasn't sure what to call myself.  I mean KJB Photography (initials) was first but I took my husbands name when we got married and KJS just doesn't roll of the tongue quite the same.  Am I wrong?  Anyway I decided to stick to my first and middle name, which is sort of hysterical because back in my youth I HATED my middle name with a fire breathing passion but it's grown on me and now I quite like it.  I posted some of the work I've done over the past year that I have been MIA on this blog so if you're interested in taking  peek please do so.  And if you really want to put me over the moon "like" it!  I would be giddy like a kid on Christmas.  :)

I haven't done many portrait sessions over the past year.  I started turning shoots down when I was up to my neck in wedding planning and getting settled into married life.  That was probably a sort of suicide for any start up business but I know how much I can handle at once and my limit was in the red.  Now I really miss it and I want to book more shoots.  I had an opportunity to shoot a soccer team a couple weeks ago which was nothing I'd ever done before.  It was a fun learning experience and I finally got to use my new speedlight although I learned quickly that the cheap stands I have do not withstand Sacramento wind and I was trying all kinds of hokey methods (tent spikes and rope) to try to get them to stay up.  Eventually I let them lie on the ground and worked with the mid day sun.  I will post some of those soon to share.

In the mean time the days are getting longer the temps are rising higher and I am sweating more.






Ooooo I do love me some Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments too!